Wednesday, September 21, 2011

DIY Rustic Doily Invitations

Do you ever have ideas in your mind that just won't go away unless you do something about it. I had one of those... for about 2 months. It was a tea party. Why didn't you do it sooner you ask? Well I was waiting for one of my friends to get back from her mission and all my other friends were gone for summer break. Tea parties are the best when you are surrounded with good friends and yummy treats. We had both of those.
I was trying to go for a rustic tea party theme with blush creams and browns. I knew exactly how I wanted to make the invitations: chipboard and doilies! Perfect right?! Oh and I can't forget the rounded corners! I'm a little obsessed with rounding corners since I got my crop-o-dile (cleaver name hu!). I get a little geeked out over paper. I guess it's good I'm a graphic designer and get to play with paper all day at my job. 
Here's a peak at the invitations. My 4th grade teacher would be so proud that I still remember how to write in cursive... well sort of. I had forgotten some letters. But I'm all caught up now. I wanted them to be hand written to enhance the rustic personal touch I was going for.

You can make your own rustic invitations with the following supplies:
- chipboard
- 6'' paper doilies
- scissors
- glue stick
- readable penmanship
The assembly is pretty self explanatory. Simply cut your chipboard to size 4x6 and align where you want the doily to be. Glue down the doily making sure that you don't let the glue ooze out the cracks. Wait for it to dry and then write your message. Wah La! You have yourself an invitation. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment