Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Bless America

This 4th of July weekend was a wonderful chance to reflect on the freedoms we have, the friends we share it with and the memories we make. We did all things American by camping Friday night, spending Saturday at the lake followed by hanging out at Wendy's while we waited for our miss placed keys to arrive, played games with friends and ate yummy desserts on Sunday, ate pancakes for breakfast and watched a parade on Monday. Just in case you were wanting a play by play.

Of course I got all decked out for the occasion. Chris said I looked like a 50's sailor girl. Yes! I was right on the mark.

People in the parade were handing out all sorts of goodies. Chris scored with his one handed catch of a Jimmy John's sandwich!
Aside from those cowboys holding the American flag, I can't think of anything more American than Taco Bell and Star Wars. Two American classics.
We had so much fun this weekend with our friends Taylor and Logan! We feel so blessed to live in the country that we do and that we were able to celebrate in our small town. Small town 4th of July is unlike any other. I hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the 4th of July! Seriously I have not been able to stop thinking about Jane Eyre! What's wrong with me? Just so you know right when it comes out on DVD I am renting it. You can join me for a second viewing if you like:)

    ReplyDelete