Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new year, new name, new semester

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had an enjoyable vacation. I know we sure did! However, it's back to reality since school starts again tomorrow. It was fun getting our books and seeing the hustle and bustle on campus due to the new semester.
With the new year starting, there are many wonderful things in store. One of them is my official new last name! Although we've been married for five months now, I finally finished all the paperwork and am the REAL Emily Gilmore. The next exciting step is graduation! That's right folks. This is my last semester at college and will soon graduate with a Bachelors in graphic design and business. I'm excited to move on to a new chapter in life. Finally, with the new year comes new years resolutions. We all have them I know. But this year I tried thinking a little outside of the box. Such as hats.
I don't wear them enough yet I have a number of cute ones and feel like they give personality to any outfit. Like this one here. 
Dinner parties. Food and friends... what more fun could you ask for? I can't wait to plan summer picknicks, but in the mean time it will be great planning cozy ones inside. 

Wearing more dresses. Especially this fabulous one from Anthropologie. Right now I wouldn't think twice about wearing a dress due to the fact that it's 10 degrees outside and snowing. However, once spring rolls around I'm thinking about doing a 30 for 30. 30 skirts or dresses for 30 days. I think it will be fun and feminine and a great way to welcome in the spring. 
My final resolution is to save money so Chris and I to take a vacation. We are talking about visiting my Dad's family in England (since they haven't met Chris). While we are there we might visit a few other countries. I'll let you in on more details as plans progress. 
In the mean time check out Rebecca Hansen! They did our engagement photos back in the summer of 2010. We absolutely loved the way they turned out! Apparently they liked them too because the showcased Chris and I as some of the favorite photos they took. Our photo is the first to appear on the post and then there are a few more throughout. Enjoy the photos and the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment