Thursday, February 3, 2011

the mary poppins of book arts

In case you were wondering, I live in a frozen tundra. Literally. Ok not really. But it feels like it often. It has however been in the negatives all week. The one thing nice about this cold weather is that the sun still shines. Whenever this weather happens, I wear a blanket...or rather more, a coat that looks like it could be a blanket (not to be confused with a snuggie of course). I absolutely love this coat of mine! It keeps me so warm, I can tuck my body inside the whole thing and forget about the cold temperatures. 

See it's just so big. Jealous yet? I found it at a second hand store years ago in spring. Folks, believe me, looking for coats in spring is the best thing ever! People are cleaning out their closets and giving away tons of great loot!

Today I was carrying all my book art supplies around campus. When Chris saw me with all my big bags, he said I looked like the Mary Poppins of book arts. He then proceeded to sing the song A Spoon Full of Sugar, with altered lyrics to match my condition. Ah I couldn't stop laughing! He always knows how to put a smile on my face.
Oh did I mention it twirls fabulously? Well, it does. I think everyone should have either a vintage clothing item, something cozy or something that makes you feel like a kid again. I lucked out and got all those elements in one coat. Ka Ching! Do you have a fabulous coat you love? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment