Tuesday, December 14, 2010

sheer awe!

I'm designing a logo for a friend of mine who is a photographer. After she sent me some specifications of what she's looking for (a stylized tree) I did a little research to get ideas on tree variations. While on my search, I came across this gem

Isn't this custom canopy bed simply fabulous! Shawn Lovell has some serious talent with metal. I can only imagine how long it took to make this. If it weren't for the price and my pinching pennies mindset, I would buy this in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the leafy branches.

    I don't think I would like to sleep in this bed though. The shadows on the walls would be a little freaky, and it's kind-of "Where The Wild Things Are"-ish.

    I'm just not the target demographic, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ha ha I definitely see where you get "Where The Wild Things Are". I love the book, but not the movie. She has another tree bed that might be more your style. It's a lot softer

    ReplyDelete