Wednesday, November 10, 2010

found alphabet

I've decided to start posting more graphic design work I've done. Many people have asked me if my work is online. Sadly I said no. That is, until now! This was a project I enjoyed so much. My objective was to find letters in common objects. Without creating the letter, but rather manipulating it's shape or direction, I was able to create a whole alphabet. The fun part is, it's all made from jewelry! Raiding my jewelry box and my sisters, it wasn't hard to find a variety of textures, shapes, sizes and colors. The letters were found in necklaces, rings, earrings and more. This adds interest to the alphabet and an element of surprise when you realize which letter it is. Have fun singing your alphabet as you go through mine!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I like it. Are you familiar with Rick Ruggles? He does found photography, too. And I think this would be a really fun project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I did that with shoes once. :)

    ReplyDelete