Tuesday, November 2, 2010

infatuations... continued


5. The Apothecary's Daughter... on my kindle.
Ok, so it's not really MY Kindle, just a rented one from the library. I've always been partial to having a real book in my hands, what with the feel, smell and the joy of turning each page. But I must say that the Kindle is an experience of it's own. The sleek design and feel in your hands makes you feel cool. And important :) Now, enough with the kindle.... and on to the book. The Apothecary's Daughter was recommended to me and I'm so glad at that! I haven't finished it yet but the intrigue, suspense, love triangles and well developed characters make this a must read!



6. zumba class
I'm one to get restless with work out plans. I love to run, but if I do it too often without any variety, I tire of it quickly. I found some exercise classes near by and Zumba is my FAVORITE! It's a high energy, cardio work out set to Latin music. Many Latin dance moves are thrown in, but by the end you'll find your heart rate up and and a sexy swivel in your hips.


7. custom jewelry by Truly Sarah
I LOVE these one of a kind pieces. My beautiful and talented friend Sarah Onken makes all of these by hand, uses real precious stones and metals. I had the honor to wear some of her jewelry for a photo shoot and had a great time. Check out her etsy shop and buy some pieces! They would make great Christmas gifts for someone special.

8. urban outfitters online apartment sale
Pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. This store has one of a kind prints and details on home decor items. Although my poor married college student budget, doesn't fit full priced items (not that I can ever get myself to buy things at full price anyways), I've found that UO has great deals! Check it out and see what treasures you can find.


refinishing furniture 
Go from drab to fab with with a little time, paint and a sander. This piece found at the salvation army store for $30 has become quite the home accent. I've been having my eye out for unique pieces like this one, but with little luck. Once I do, I'll be sure to post something about it. In the mean time, check out how this DIY furnishing woman did it. 


10. trying new recipes
To keep things new and exciting, I enjoy trying new recipes at least twice a week, if not more. I enjoy the challenge... and of course the finished product! Sometimes I find a gem of a recipe that I use it over and over. This banana crumb muffin has definitely made the list of favorites. With it's perfect balance of banana to bread ratio, heaven in my mouth is the outcome. Not to mention the brown sugar crumble on top is divine. With Halloween just over and Thanksgiving around the corner, my husband is having me cook everything pumpkin. I've been having fun trying to make pumpkin desserts. Try it! You'll be amazed at all the options besides pumpkin pie. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment